Job ID 7055
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Negotiation Skills. Good understanding of the Host Communities, Basic Knowledge about Stakeholder Management Skills/Grievance Mechanism, must be computer literate with understanding of basic office application packages like; MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate responses on all cases of grievances.
- Support the AGM in attending consultative meetings with communities, agencies, NGOS etc.
- Monitor and report on the social performance of all CSR projects undertaken by the plant.
- Regularly, under the supervision of the AGM, update Stakeholder Engagement Plan and (SEP), Community Development Plan (CDP), Stakeholder Mapping(SM), Register/database.
- Act as liaison who engages communities and other stakeholder groups in order to ensure peaceful and harmonious relationship in the environment.
- Provides feedback/ useful information to the plant on relevant issues from the communities which might affect plant’s operations.
- Serves as Secretary to Community Development Committee (CDC) and other community fora, local institutions meetings or stakeholder meetings at community level.
- Collects and registers grievances.
- Support the AGM social and community relations, to implement and monitor community development and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Co-ordinates the local project implementation committee (PIC) during project implementation.
- Writes and submits regular reports to the plant and headquarters through the AGM.
- To carry out any other assignment as may be directed by plant management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the maintenance of absolute peace/harmony between the host communities and the Plant on a daily basis.
- To assist in the management of conflicts arising between the Plant and the immediate host communities.
- Continuously enlightening youths/elders of the communities on the need for a cordial business relationship with the Plant so as to ensure the Plant does not lose its properties (material or human) through willful damage by individuals and / or groups in the host communities.
- To assist in liaising with some government agencies when need arises as directed by the high management.
- nity crisis and resolution and write report legibly.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities.
- 5& Above years working experience with reputable organization(s).
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be computer literate in key Office application packages e.g Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Should be preferably a Benue indigene.
- Must have relevant experience about community relations.
- Must be able to speak both English Language and Tiv Language fluently.
- Must be able to interprets both English Language and Tiv Language properly.
- Must be able to assess the community needs/priorities and give report to AGM/mgt.
- Must be mentally and physically fit to handle his/her duties logically to conclusion.
- Must show the ability to handle community related issues.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.