Job ID 7333
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Ensure the timely and efficient processing of supplier invoices and staff advance.
- Reconcile supplier accounts to ensure accuracy of DCP’s records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities.
- Proactively notify Head, Plant Finance of any irregularity in invoices/bills from third party.
- Assist in ensuring that all suppliers’ statements of accounts are reconciled to the sub-ledgers before forwarding supplier invoices and supporting documents for payment processing.
- Respond to supplier enquires regarding payment processing.
- Ensure suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts are prepared and reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Provide inputs into the review of existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/vendors.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Head of Finance
- Receive staff advance requests, carry out initial review and forward Deputy Head of Finance for further verification and approval.
- Receive staff advance retirements and maintain complete documentation of all transactions.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Three (3) to Nine (9) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.