Job ID 7259
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Oversee the plant’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
- Ensure accuracy of the plant’s financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of approved finance policies at the plant.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units within the plant are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports at the Plant to aid management decision-making.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the plant on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP Nigeria’s accounting policies, and IFRS.
- Assume overall responsibility for the integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of the plant’s financial report with relevant reporting regulations.
- Ensure effective utilisation of plant’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Ensure that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure respective plant complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s budget and approve departmental in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Director of Finance/ Plant Director on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Finance/ Plant Director.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years in a senior managerial position in finance.
- Minimum of 4 years factoring and manufacturing experience is mandatory. Aside from the transport role which requires transport or logistics experience.
- Masters is an added advantage
- Ability to use SAP is an advantage
- The roles are based outside Lagos and may require some travels
- Note that Group internal candidates are welcome to apply to this job positions
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Accommodation is provided in relevant locations