Job ID 7171
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Head the Procurement function and oversee strategies for finding cost-effective deals and suppliers.
- Ensure strict compliance to DCP’s Policy on Procurement.
- Reporting Line: Reports to the Plant Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with with departments, vendors, and technical experts in preparing specifications for Quotations, Tenders, Proposals and Supply Agreements in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage the preparation of the procurement documents, utilizing sustainable procurement best practices, while adhering to the company’s corporate policies prior to issuing the RFQ/tender.
- Coordinate the negotiation of quotations/tenders for the purchase of goods and services for the company.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with major suppliers for greater consistency and efficiencies in the Procurement process.
- Carry out an in-depth analysis of all bids received in response to each Tender, Proposal and Quotation to identify the response that best meets the needs of the user department.
- Prepare contract/LPO with vendor and maintain contract after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc. to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Develop and formulate purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Participate in the annual reporting process for budget requirements, including monitoring and tracking of all outstanding orders.
- Perform audits of Procurement processes to identify problem areas and/ or high usage commodities where pricing agreements may benefit the organization.
- Arrange and implement Supplier development strategies.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Plant Director
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Management Sciences or other related field
- Master’s Degree/MBA will an added advantage
- Membership of relevant Professional Association (CIPS, NIPS etc)
- 18 years and above experience in Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry
- Knowledge & Use of SAP Materials Management (MM).
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good analysis and organizing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development