Job ID 6711
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Participate actively in requirements gathering and analysis.
- Work with the business analyst to determine the best part of solutions to be implemented.
- Oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
- Collaborate with the relevant teams and departments to produce software design and architecture.
- Write clean, readable and testable code that is scalable and well documented.
- Determine project deadlines for engineering managers.
- Review code from junior and intermediate developers.
- Maintain, update, refactor and debug new and existing codes.
- Test and deploy applications and systems.
- Serve as an expert within the areas of competence.
- Provide technical support when necessary.
- Keep up to date with the terminologies, concepts and best practices for coding.
- Develop ideas for new programs, products or features by monitoring industry developments & trends.
- Record and report data to the appropriate parties, such as clients, leadership or management.
- Commit to continuous improvement, education and training to remain current on best practices, new programming languages, and to better assist other team members.
- Take lead on projects when necessary.
- Work with HR to assess, hire and mentor new developers.
- Appraise the performance of junior, intermediate and senior developers.
- Ensure quality control for all code rollout from the engineering department.
- Last point of call for quality control on all interfaces built by the frontend team.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market and technology change and potential effects on engineering. Recommend solutions without compromising quality of service while optimizing cost.
- Work with the rest of the leadership team to decide which engineering projects are the highest priority against the business targets and which can be executed with the available resources.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Strive for best-in-class products and business practices to deliver to the customer’s expectations.
- Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
- Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Create and maintain both technical and non-technical documentations during and after development.
- Serve as the Deputy CTO, to act in the CTO’s absence.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in backend software development using PHP and MySQL or any other backend languages.
- 2+ years of experience working with Laravel and/or Lumen or Express or Django and/or Django Rest Framework.
- Experience in NodeJS, ReactJS and MongoDB would be an added advantage
- At least 2 years in Tech Leadership.
- Experience with Ubuntu OS for application deployment.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD deployment pipeline.
- Partial remote operations
- Great Team and bright minds
- Competitive salary up to 10 million Naira and other benefits.