Job ID 6438
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Monitoring internal audit system
- Conduct regular internal audit of the bank
- Assist in reconciliation and analysis of transactions
- Conduct client visit on regular basis
- Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities and fraud
- Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions
- Ensure proper safeguard of assets and proper utilization
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded summarized and reported accordingly
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretions in sharing such information with legal confines
- Lead and coordinate internal audit missions
- Prepare reports of audit mission
- Ensure timely regulating reporting.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Accounts and Finance
- Minimum 5 years of Cognate experience as Head of Internal Control/Compliance is a must
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional association, e.g. ACA, ICAN, ACCA.
- Previous experience in Management and proficient use of accounting software E.g Quickbooks, Peachtree, SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.