Job ID 6411
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- The overarching vision of this unit is to create value through highly sustainable impact programs which enable micro and small businesses to take control of their own growth. The unit achieves this by designing such programs, validating them with a sample size, scaling them and accelerating their impact.
- We seek passionate, creative and intentional professionals to join our team. We offer you the opportunity to be a part of a committed, energetic and innovative team, and make a difference in the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create effective communication strategies for Softcom programs.
- Coordinate external and internal communication flows.
- Create engaging content for our social media channels.
- Research and write press releases, and content for Softcom programs infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Plan events, seminars and press conferences to promote Softcom programs.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to implement Program strategies.
- Build long term relationships with influencers and key stakeholders.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
Community & Engagement:
- Build and Manage communities for Softcom’s program beneficiaries.
- Establish community guidelines, facilitates and moderates conversations among members.
- Engages with potential beneficiaries and building relationships with existing ones.
- Keeps beneficiary engagement with the program and with each other (via emails, social media and other offlinechannels).
- Feels the pulse of beneficiaries throughout the program. Conduct check-ins with beneficiaries to understandtheir challenges and needs and connect them to relevant resources.
- Ensure beneficiaries are complying with programme regulations through clear and consistent communication.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- 3+ years of working experience in communications strategy development.
- Experience in the startup/investment community is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Ability to use different technology applications to execute work (Google drive, Slack, Calendly, Typeform, Canva etc).
- Photo and video-editing skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Digital Marketing and social media knowledge.
- Experience in content production.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Belief: You believe in the company and its mission, in yourself and your ability to getthe job done and in your teammates and the sincerity of their intentions.
- Ownership: You are dependable. You will do what is required, not what is requested. As a result, you see gaps, and you continually work to ensure they do not impact the outcomes of your deliverables.
- Adaptability: You understand the requirements of working in a company with a startup culture like Softcom and are agile enough to take on responsibilities that advance the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Teachability: Your desire to deepen your knowledge of what you know and learn what you do not is insatiable. You leverage the people, tools and resources at your disposal to increase your capacity to deliver.
- Empathy: You seek first to understand and then to be understood. Where there is doubt, you err on the side of kindness. You de escalate, you resolve; you constantly seek ways to foster harmony and cohesion with yourself, your teammates and the organization.