Job ID 6120
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Our client is looking for Director / Group Head, Ethics, Governance & Secretariat Services who will serve as the industry’s internal control point for ethics and improprieties, infractions, allegations, complaints, and conflicts of interest.
- The ideal candidate will provide corporate leadership and advice on corporate governance issues.
Skills and Capabilities
- Responsible for managing all board and committees, and their business agendas, to ensure efficient and accountable decision making and standards of conduct supporting delivery of the Institute’s mandates.
- Responsible for the development of corporate governance frameworks and ensuring that the Institute operates within its legal powers and Acts establishing it.
- Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather evidence and ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Manage regulatory and compliance-related services and facilitate innovative solutions to client problems.
- Manage and oversee paralegals and legal assistants.
- Oversee the preparation of pleadings, notices and make appearances in court.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standard and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (essential) and other relevant fields
- Professional qualifications such as ACIB is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification professional experience with at least 5 years in managerial position
- Ability to develop and oversee control systems that prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal polices
- Ability to provide expert advice and interpretation of the code of ethics and compliance, including the applicability of the organisation and industry’s policies and programs to specific situations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record-keeping
- Good written, presentation and communication skills, able to represent the institute at high net-worth events
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and reviewing legal documents
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to engage with others to achieve positive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management.
- High degree of personal integrity, ethics and resilience.