Job ID 6083
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Our client is recruiting a Group Head, Finance and Corporate Services who will lead all aspects of financial control and process improvement and will be responsible for all financial systems including the implementation of ERPs and building upon existing automation and processes.
- The role involves taking full ownership of the finance function and interacting with all levels of the business operations.
Skills and Capabilities
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the institute, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Maintain a professional finance team with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certifications to meet the requirement of the objectives.
- Oversees tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the institute’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Evaluate and contribute to the improvement of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to the senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Establish accurate forecasts regarding expenses and revenues and manage regular reporting requirements
- Present financial reports to finance & general purpose committee, and executive management in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting softwares to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the Institute.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, Economics, or business-related discipline
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business-related disciplines
- Professional membership in relevant industry association is required
- ACIB is an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience with a reputable organisation
- Excellent financial knowledge including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ International accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Ability to build complex ad-hoc financial analyses to understand key business trends and inform long-term planning
- Ability to develop and provide timely, accurate and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users following international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrated ability leveraging technology as a key enabler to finance productivity and decision support First-hand experience with regulatory reporting and audits within the financial services sector
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Good understanding of data privacy standards
- Sound understanding of business principles and practices
- Good written, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate and manage relationship at all levels