Job ID 5614
Career Level Mid-Level
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree (MSC)
- At Olam, we are looking for a highly diligent individual who specializes in quality to understand customer expectation and translate them into company quality norms. The individual will play a key role in outlining quality standards and developing quality control processes.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance to quality norms, policies, and procedures of the company.
- The objective is to cultivate a culture of consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by continually developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet food safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Build control systems to comply with food safety requirements including PRPs. Design and deploy audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.).
- Conducting root cause analysis for deviations. Develop and implement a corrective action plan where needed. Regularly review compliance status for all quality-related observations and lead the process of sharing views with all stakeholders for implementation/closure of the open audit points.
- Continuously improve quality awareness and standards including sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, manufacturing, and sourcing to effectively collaborate and seek their inputs on improvement/development of quality systems and processes.
- Setup, maintain and operate laboratory to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Coordination with external laboratories and external calibration agencies for all other testing requirements.
- Support improvement programs on vendor quality.
- Develop and train the team to improve the effectiveness of the implementation of best practices in all areas of work.
- Identify learning needs of team members and personnel critical to food safety to enhance skills.
- Develop and maintain a motivated team.
- Plan and conduct training for all plant personnel on food safety and personal hygiene.
- Classify and process consumer feedback through interaction with customers and stakeholders.
- Advice immediate/short/long term action plan through the internal web-based systems to address customer issues promptly and maintain excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
- Assist in the investigation of quality-related matters, including coordination with other stakeholders and vendors.
- Review and report compliance status for identified risks.
- Report and track all business risk related to quality non-conformances and escalations.
- Report to all concerned stakeholders on business risk in this area.
- Liaison with statutory, regulatory and government agencies.
- Assist in commissioning and start-up of new projects and conduct IQ, OQ, PQ for new equipment installations.
- Validate quality aspects during scale-up trials including travel test and share trial reports to all stakeholders to ensure that all new products are developed and scaled up to meet quality norms.
- Develop new ways of working that would be cost-effective and be within the budget and quality requirements.
- Develop appropriate tracking mechanism to report progress on a daily/weekly/fortnightly /monthly/quarterly and annualized basis on outcomes of the implementation of quality plans.
- A Master’s Degree in Food Technology or an M. Sc. in Food Science.
- 10-15 years of experience in the food industry.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety systems, GMP, GLP, auditing, compliance, training, food testing (including sensory), basic regulatory knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, assertiveness, negotiating capability