Job ID 4191
Career Level Managerial
Experience 8 Years +
Our client is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to monitor all financial data and prepare accurate statements for their company. The Finance Manager’s responsibilities include General Ledger management, Fixed asset management, Financial reporting, bank and accounts reconciliations, inventory, payroll administration, tax and compliance, and performing internal audits. You will act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses.
Ensures long term sustainability of the organization through the following activities:
- Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Prepares all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board & Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Process all Accruals, provisions, and prepayments.
- Carry out GL monthly and Yearly close off.
- Inventory accounting and control.
- Sundry Debtors and Creditors accounts control and review
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Manages the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Ensures that all statutory requirements of the company are met including Withholding Payments Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, etc.Controlling
– Establishes guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepares the annual budget in consultation with the CEO, General Manager and Finance Manager.
– Prepares and maintains financial forecasts in consultation with the GM and team leaders (including the annual budget and the medium term business plan).
– Assists Program Project Managers with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
– Ensures efficient financial monitoring and reporting (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and upgrading existing procedures, ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external clients);
– Reviews monthly results and implements monthly variance reporting
– Manages the cash flow and prepares cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
– Liaises with the Treasurer, Finance Committee and/or Audit Committee as appropriate
– Provides accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of the Company and individual projects
- Company administration / Communication
– Oversees office management duties;
– Manages the relationship with the information technology department;
– Oversee travel arrangements and monitor travel expenditures.
– Oversees and supervise the administrative function of the Finance Department including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations.
- Compliance / Audit
– Ensures compliance with relevant local regulations;
– Ensures compliance with internal policies, donors, and investors’ requirements.
– Monitors all legislation relevant to the company (employment standards, occupation health, and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the company is compliant
– Ensures that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
– Support and prepare all documentation for audit and audit committee meetings.
- Payroll Administration
– Preparing monthly Payroll and updating staff Payroll information
– Pensions administration and remittance
– Manage loans and remittances
– Process/ Audit all engagements and terminations to ensure correctness against signed off documentation
Skills: Technical and Behavioral
Admin and financial Director must demonstrate the following abilities:
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the company.
- Financial Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of and applies Finance, accounting, and controlling terminology, tools, tactics, principles, and practices, as relevant to the successful delivery of the individual role.
- Has strong attention to detail combined with an ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Organize and make decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely, and in the best interests of the organization. Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to building working relationships. Able to present and convey information in a confident, clear, and interesting way, in a manner appropriate to the target audience. Able to exchange complex information and present ideas, reports, facts, and other information clearly and concisely.
- Creative, dynamic and innovative: Able to adapt work to accommodate unexpected changes to scope or deadlines, or incorporate new elements.Requirements:
To qualify for this role you should have:
- A degree in Accounting and relevant Accounting Certification
- At least 10 years + commercial accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software with a solid knowledge of accounting procedures and regulations.