Job ID 3534
For Operator Training Simulator (OTS) development and training the duties and responsibilities would be:
- Coordinate the day-to-day assessment and maintenance activities for the OTS ensuring maximum availability and reliability.
- Act as Client “focal point” with the OTS vendor to assess, develop and implement system improvements ensuring training and testing simulations remain “real”.
- Develop and administer OTS and written “Competency Assurance” test packages for Panel & Field personnel ensuring effective ASM (Abnormal Situation Management), SSS (Stabilize / Slowdown / Shutdown) and trouble-shooting activities.
- Ensure all “Learnings from Incidents” are captured in the OTS training materials and training records are in place for effective learnings.
- Ensure OTS sessions properly cover the ESP techniques of Proactive Monitoring, Abnormal Situation Management, SSS (Stabilize / Slowdown / Shutdown) and troubleshooting by knowing and operating within limits.
- Develop training modules with specific emphasis on the use of DCS, PI trends, Current Alarm Display, ACM (Alarm Configuration Manager), PSS – Plant State Suite and other OMPro tools to enhance situational awareness and response to process upsets.
- Facilitate any required changes / additions to Otter Tasks in the database, train super users and users on the otter handheld, back office and RFID installation to ensure that MOC (Management of Change) requirements are met.
- Uses software to simulate process units.
- Meeting Invensys quality standards. Does quality control checks on already built work packs.
- If appropriate, works with third-party vendors to ensure compatibility with Invensys” solution
- Assists with both home-office and on-site engineering, including: application testing, commissioning and hardware integration
- Participates in customer acceptance and application testing under the supervision of a Lead Engineer
- Interfaces with Business Unit resources, if appropriate, to ensure high-quality and accurate deliverables
- Anticipates potential changes in project deliverables and timing and makes the Lead Engineer aware of a potential need to secure additional engineering resources to fulfill delivery requirements
- Increases project margins by minimizing re-work, identifying and implementing potential efficiency improvements and complying with Invensys” technical engineering processes and quality standards
- If needed, provides Sales with engineering estimates for potential applications opportunities of low complexity, dollar value, or risk using standardized labor estimating routines and methodology.