Job ID 2187
Coordinate the operations of the power plant equipment in a continuous, efficient, and economical manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staff, such as control room engineers and fuel management officers in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of the plant according to approved procedures and within environmental constraints.
- Oversee unit start-ups, shutdowns, and normal operation of electric generating equipment in a power plant.
- Control quality, quantity and promptness of work performed as measured against accepted standards.
- Recommend improvements and modifications in organisation, complement, procedures, policies, standards, specifications, methods, processes, and equipment within area of supervision.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the generating plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a manner which will achieve the optimum thermal efficiency, without compromising safety, plant availability and reliability.
- Provide regular updates to the Head, Power Plant on the status of plant operations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Power Plant from time to time.
- Education and Work Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of twenty years (20) years plant operations related experience of GE Gas Turbine generation plant
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development