Job ID 166
About Audit & Assurance
Auditing is a highly complex process, and the importance of auditors as a vital link in the financial reporting chain has never been more important nor their role as trusted advisors more valued. Our global network of audit professionals provide a range of audit and advisory services to assist clients in achieving their business objectives, managing their risk and improving their business performance – anywhere in the world. Using our state-of the-art tools enables Deloitte audit professionals to deliver the assurance service quality and excellence that is implicit in the Deloitte brand and that regulators and public expect.
- Audit of financial statements that have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), NGAAP and other valid standards
- Review of accounting and internal control systems
- Consulting on accounting principles, the chart of accounts and organization of finance and accounting departments
- Comprehensive advice on implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards, including interpretation and application of complex standards
- Assistance with the establishment of reporting departments
- Advisory services for the calculation of employee benefits, impairment of assets, provisions for asset retirement obligations and other long-term provisions
- Assistance with business valuations, valuation of assets and liabilities and determination of goodwill in accordance with IFRS
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Handles all IFRS and accounting technical consultation for the West Africa region.
- Responsible for thought leadership, consultations with internal audit practice and clients as well as the development of managers in Accounting Technical.
- Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
- The Q&A technical team will be responsible for the management of financial reporting system of quality control, portfolio risk review, management of EQCR/PSR type review for the region.
- Actively leads and manages the systems of quality control initiatives on financial reporting, consistently exhibits in-depth understanding of clients and capabilities needed to execute (specialist & capacity) projects and committed to business growth.
- Strong technical skill, a strong aptitude for research and ability to develop accounting technical and thought leadership materials that are suitable for publication are critical for this role.
Qualifications & Skills required
- B.Sc./HND in Accounting and a Chartered/Certified Accountant Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- Qualified member of ICAN or ACCA
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience
- 5 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role is desirable
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Summary of Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Technical Knowledge
- Managing Engagement
- Written and verbal communications
- Audit Client
- Building Profile
The Impact You Will Make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.